The date 1437 is carved above an arched door of relevant archtectural design at the ground floor of Muricciaglia main building, giving evidence of centuries old existence of the group of rural dwellings, which over fifteen years ago, after decades of neglect, has become our home.
The name of Muricciaglia appears on maps of 1500 as the only building outside the hamlet of Collepetroso showing the importance given to it: a watch tower to controle the route linking at that time Siena and Florence.